I love a good caprese salad.
It's one of my all-time favorite lunches - but it can also make a quick and easy snack as well! Eating snacks that are wholesome and delicious can be a real challenge, and it can take a little planning ahead.
With just a little bit of prep, you can whip up a batch of these super easy caprese bites - a twist on the classic salad. This tasty snack will satisfy your afternoon hunger, as it's packed with healthy fats and protein that will curb your cravings.
For this recipe, I was able to find all the ingredients (except for my home-grown basil) at Aldi. If you know me well, you know that Aldi is my absolute favorite grocery store, so I'm excited to provide a recipe that is both nutritious and affordable.
Whether you're looking for a fresh game-day snack to balance out all the nacho dips or simply needing to satisfy your afternoon cravings, these simple caprese bites are the perfect solution. Give them a try and let me know what you thought in the comments!
Easy Caprese Bites
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- sliced Italian dry salami
- fresh mozzarella balls (I sliced each ball in half)
- balsamic vinegar
- Layer a tomato and basil leaf on a toothpick
- Fold up a slice of salami and skewer onto toothpick
- Slice a mozzarella ball in half and skewer onto the end of the toothpick
- Finish off by drizzling with balsamic vinegar