Making Keto Instant Pot yogurt has become an art for me.
If you haven't jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, YOU NEED TO. And this Keto Instant Pot Yogurt is a fun recipe to try with your new toy!
I got mine for Christmas last year and it has quickly become my favorite kitchen gadget. And for someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen food-prepping and creating recipes, that's saying something!
I have the 6 Quart Instant Pot Ultra, and I love it! There are so many ways to customize your cooking. Like other Instant Pot models, the Ultra has one feature that I adore - it's a yogurt maker! My homemade yogurt is thicker, creamier, and so much healthier than store-bought brands.
This post contains affiliate links. Clicking these links doesn't cost you anything extra, but it does help me run my site and continue to provide free content. For more, read my Disclosure Policy.
Beware of Hidden Sugars!
You may think your store-bought yogurt is just fine, but have you noticed all the added sugar? It's actually insane! Making your own yogurt does take more time than throwing containers of the stuff into your shopping cart. But this method is ultimately cheaper, healthier, more eco-friendly (you'll store it in reusable jars), and most importantly, tastier!
Now, making Keto Instant Pot yogurt isn't as simple as pouring milk into the pot and 8 hours later - voila! - your yogurt is ready. It's a long process that takes some getting used to. Lucky for you, I went through all the yogurt-making blunders for you and can give you a clear method to the madness! I recommend starting the process in the evening so the yogurt can incubate overnight, and you can cool it in the fridge the next morning.
And since most yogurts are higher in carbs than I'd like, I thought I'd share a Keto-friendly yogurt recipe with y'all! Perfect for anyone cutting their carbs or monitoring those pesky added sugars.
- Instant Pot 6 Quart Ultra (or other Instant Pot model with yogurt function)
- Yogurt starter culture
- Kitchen thermometer
- 64 fl oz whole milk
- 64 fl oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 T vanilla extract (optional)
- Glass jars for storage
- Pour milk and cream into inner pot and place into cooker. Stir mixture and place lid on Instant Pot (You do not need to seal the lid as the pot does not need to come to pressure for this process.)
- Turn the dial to the Yogurt function and press to select.
- Press the dial again to set incubation Time to 9 hours. Press the dial again to confirm.
- Turn the dial to Temp and press. Select High temp. The display should now read boiL.
- Press the Start button to begin heating the milk to approximately 181-183°F. Your Instant Pot will display Yogt when it has finished heating. Make sure to stir periodically and check the temperature of your milk with a kitchen thermometer before moving on to the next step. You may need to repeat the heating cycle (steps 4 & 5) if your milk is not yet up to temperature.
- While the milk is heating, prepare an ice bath in the sink. (This step is optional, but it will speed up the cooling process.)
- Once the milk is up to temperature, transfer inner pot to ice bath and cool to 115°F, using your thermometer to test the temperature.
- Once milk is cooled, stir in starter culture and optional vanilla extract. (If using this product, you will use 2 packets of starter culture.)
- Place inner pot back into cooker and close the lid.
- Rotate the center dial to select Temp and set to Medium. Press central dial to confirm.
- Make sure your Time is set to 9 hours and press Start to begin incubation.
- When yogurt is finished incubating, the display will read Yogt. Spoon yogurt into clean, airtight jars and refrigerate.
And that's it! Feel free to play around with different flavorings and yogurt toppings. (Try my berry reduction sauce - so good!) To make Greek yogurt, you can strain out the whey by pouring it into a strainer lined with coffee filters, but it's pretty thick even without this step. Either way, I hope you enjoy this yogurt as much as I do!
Like this post? Make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook or Pinterest! Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for fitness inspiration, recipes, and all things lifestyle!
Don’t Miss Out!
Subscribe to the email list to receive the latest updates from Chrysalosity!
Leave a Reply