Looking for a sweet low carb recipe? This low carb peanut butter banana bread is it, folks!
This low carb peanut butter banana bread is my new favorite. I grew up eating banana bread loaded with added sugar and vegetable oil - two ingredients I've now eliminated from my lifestyle. But that doesn't mean I can't have it anymore! With a few adjustments, you can swap out that sugar-laden loaf for a healthier option.
Now, even though this recipe is a much cleaner version of this breakfast staple, be assured that it is equally as delicious! Bananas have a lot of natural sugars, giving this bread just the right amount of sweetness. And if you’ve already made the adjustment to a low carb lifestyle, you probably already have these ingredients in your pantry. Score!
BONUS: If you wanna get really crazy, butter it up and add a slice of cheese. It’ll bump up your fat & protein macros; plus it’s delicious. I grew up eating my banana bread this way - did you? Or maybe it’s one of those Dutch-heritage things… not quite sure! Let me know in the comments if you do this too!
Whether you’re in need of a grab-and-go breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack, this low carb peanut butter banana bread is the perfect solution!
This post contains affiliate links. Clicking these links doesn't cost you anything extra, but it does help me run my site and continue to provide free content. For more, read my Disclosure Policy.
Don’t Miss Out!
Subscribe to the email list to receive the latest updates from Chrysalosity!
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (Smucker's Natural Creamy is my favorite!)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut flour (Anthony's is the best bang for your buck!)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 5x9 loaf pan and set aside.
- In an electric mixer, combine eggs, bananas, peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and coconut flour.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, being sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Enjoy your low carb peanut butter banana bread!
- Use frozen bananas! When I know I won't eat my bananas before they get too ripe, I throw them in the freezer to use later in recipes like this. Just set frozen bananas out a half hour before you begin making the bread.
- Wrap bread in plastic wrap or place in a gallon-sized storage bag to keep it moist.
- Store bread in refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can adjust this recipe to make muffins as well! Just pour batter into prepared muffin pan and adjust baking time to 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.