When snack time hunger hits, making smart food choices can be difficult.
This super easy, protein-packed recipe is here to make that choice easy for you! Instead of surrendering to the vending machine or the drive-through, make a batch of protein balls that will last through the week to satisfy your hunger.
In a much unhealthier time in my life, I would ignore and fight through my snack time hunger and wear it like a badge of honor. All my life I had observed women bragging about skipping meals and restricting calories as if that were the new normal. But hunger is a signal from your body that you need nutrients, and making good food choices when you're hungry will lead to a healthier body and mind. Ignoring those hunger signals is simply depriving your body of what it needs, and it's important that we stop treating food restriction as something to be proud of.
Protein is an essential macro nutrient that will fill you up and keep you full so that you can keep going throughout the afternoon. You already know that I love using protein powder as a dietary supplement, and this is a super easy way to incorporate more protein into your diet. It's also packed with natural peanut butter, which is an excellent source of healthy fats and even more protein. What could be better than a peanut butter and chocolate combo?! (I'll wait.)
So, busy ladies, take a half hour to throw together a batch of these peanut butter chocolate protein balls and fuel up for the week. You got this!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Balls
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- cocoa powder for rolling, optional
- In a standing mixer, combine all ingredients until well-blended.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Optional: Roll protein balls in loose cocoa powder
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These will stay good for over a week! Makes about 2 dozen.