I know summer is officially over, but that doesn't affect my love for lemon.
I've been going a little overboard with pumpkin, apple, and all things fall lately, and to be honest, I needed a break. So today I'm sharing a lemon dessert recipe that is the perfect palate cleanser from all that spice!
This is a layered dessert, so it takes some time to prep. Make sure you plan ahead by setting out your cream cheese and cool whip to soften and thaw. (I'm notorious for forgetting to do that!)
I usually tend to share recipes that are "healthy," but let's be real - we all eat dessert. And that's okay! It's okay to enjoy the sweeter things in life if it brings you joy. To me, "feel-good food" means eating food that makes you happy in a setting that makes you happy. Sometimes, that's a salad. And sometimes, it's a serving of delicious lemon torte!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, soften
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz Cool Whip, divided
- 4 small (3.4 oz) boxes instant lemon pudding
- 5 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of 9x13 pan and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- With an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 8 ounces of Cool Whip until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled graham cracker crust.
- With an electric mixer, beat pudding and milk until thick.
- Refrigerate pudding for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spread pudding over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.