Fall means football, which means tailgating, which means it's time to snack!
If you're opting for a light, fresh snack for the pre-game festivities, check out my caprese bites recipe. But sometimes you just need to indulge, am I right?
In preparation for football this weekend, I'm sharing this cheesy, crunchy snack mix that's perfect for tailgating! Make a big batch for your crew to munch on during your next football watching marathon or tailgate party!
Most of the ingredients are pretty basic, but there's one that may be unfamiliar to most. If you're wondering where to find cheese sprinkles, you can find them in the snack aisle by the popcorn! See the picture below for a reference.
I'd never tried making my snack mix in a Crock Pot before, but it was an easy, mess-free way to bake all that cheesy flavor onto the mix!
Cheesy Tailgate Snack Mix
- 1 cup butter
- 2 oz container cheese sprinkles
- 2 cups peanuts
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups Bugles
- 3 cups Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips
- 3 cups crunchy Cheetos
- 3 cups wheat Chex
- 3 cups rice Chex
- Melt the butter in a microwaveable container.
- Whisk in cheese sprinkles until dissolved.
- In a paper bag (or trash bag), mix all other ingredients together.
- Pour cheese mixture over snack mix and toss in the bag until well coated.
- Transfer to Crock Pot and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir well every hour to prevent burning.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!